Friday, February 3, 2012

Charlie Brown Gets a Valentine


For those who don't like to read: charlie brown gets a valentine was a band. they played songs. they probably drank. their songs are hard as hell to find. you'd like them. my boss is tired of them, but fuck her.

I had an idea to right about Charlie Brown Gets a Valentine (CBGAV) for a while now. But it took me a while to find their first release, Save it for the Van. But that's neither here nor there, now that I've finally got it. CBGAV were from some part of Maryland (money is on Baltimore, because that is where later bands were started from, such as the very fucking good Dead Mechanical, and the mediocre/slightly shitty The AV Club).

Charlie Brown Gets a Valentine- "Cluttered"

CBGAV were a pretty awesome emo/pop-punk band. One of those bands that hit the sweet spot right in the middle between the combination, and they hit it fucking hard/perfectly/whatever. CBGAV is one of the first bands I throw on when I'm felling a little down, and usually I'm instantly thrown up into a happy mood. I found about them a long time ago, probably early 2007, when I found two random downloads (this was the days of scouring rapidshare/megaupload and random posts that contained links upon links upon links!) for a band called, CBGAV. I liked the name enough to download it and try them out. That's when I first heard them in the song "Sentimental Fool," which I must say, might be one of the best acoustic tracks ever made. After that, I was instantly hooked. I mean, I never really listened to them too much, since I was all over people screaming into mics and slamming their instruments because they had no clue how to play them. This all changed about 6 months ago. 

Charlie Brown Gets a Valentine- "Distrust in Things Certain"

I don't know what caused this change, maybe it's just growing up. I've gradually lost interest in screamo/hardcore/whatever music, and it's all getting focused on pop-punk with songs about not knowing what the hell you want to do with your life, and just getting piss drunk. Obviously fantastic decision making, something I feel all too well right now. So what it boils down to, really, is that I fucking adore this band, and I think you'll absolutely love them too, because there is no way not to like them. They play fast, great pop-punk that everyone loves to hear. In no way am I trying to sell this band to you, they should already be sold. Download any of the albums below, and I swear you won't be disappointed (I even posted two songs for you to figure out how much you love them!).

Discography (compilation of splits and other random shit)

2 comments:

  1. Can you please re-up 'save it for the van' and 'discography'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please re-up 'save it for the van' and 'discography'?

    ReplyDelete