Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Disgusteens


For those who don't like to read: Disgusteens are from Japan. They play shit kicking pop-punk. They've been around for a solid 12 years now, they just released a new LP. I'm really trying to not say "disgustingly good pop-punk," because I feel like that would be douchey.

I had a glorious moment earlier today when I went to look up this band. The last thing I knew about from them was "Songs for Swinging Losers," which came out in 2001. Safe to say, I thought this band was long fucking gone, like everything good about the world. Upon checking their geocities website out (apparently this place still exists in Japan? What in the fuck?), they're still fucking killing it, and they just came out with a new LP. I'm currently trying to see what I can do about getting this LP, but it'll probably be a little bit before anything becomes of that, if anything comes of it.

Disgusteens- "Born to Sleep"

So yea, this band, once had 4 members, apparently operates as a 3 piece now. They used to release quite a few things under Snuffy Smile records as a band called "Blew". I'm running out of things to say because just download the god damn songs and listen to them, they're fucking ragers mannnnnnnn. It's pop-punk that is played correctly, what the hell do you want me to say? I still find it weird that these dudes consistently play shows (there are videos on youtube that range between 2001 and 2010 of them doing live shows), but these guys are just now releasing their 3rd LP. Whatever, none fucks given, they've already released two great LPs (as well as some great tunes in their previous band, Blew), so I really can't complain about wanting more music.

But I'll always complain, because it's fucking fun and I live in America. Everything sucks, fuck you.

2 comments:

  1. yo dude, they have the new CD for sale at recordshop dig dig. Just email the guy and he's cool with shipping to america and he takes paypal. here's a link:
    http://www.digdig086.com/product/4212

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man! i knew that they just released a cd, but i'm currently scraping by on the broke college student life. i'm assuming it won't be that much to actually get the cd to the us, but i'll have to wait a little bit on that

    ReplyDelete