Saturday, February 4, 2012

bibi & hummingbert stereo


For those who don't like to read: this is a collaboration in a park between two dudes, bibi & hummingbert stereo. they're from thailand. I really like it.

Days are fucking long, and days are fucking boring. That's this weekend for me, a whole lot of nothing, and then the Super Bowl (which I'm not really excited for at all, weird feeling). I spent the past 3 fucking days watching season 1 of The Wire (great show, the parts with Wallace at the end of season 1 might be some of my favorite television ever), and I really haven't had damn much else to do. I have no fucking idea how, but I started searching up Japanese electronica and some how from that, I found myself searching for stuff by a dude named hummingbert stereo.

Hummingbert stereo is a guy named Ekkachai Klomcharoen from Thailand. How the fuck I found music from Thailand, I dont know, fuck you. Besides from random links from his soundcloud, I don't really think he has done anything by himself. Thanks to the wonders of random people uploading random shit, I did find a collaboration with Hummingbert Stereo, and a dude that goes by "Bibi." Who is Bibi? I don't have a damn clue. What I can tell you though is that this stuff sounds really beautiful.


From what I can gather (which is about nothing, this is all assumptions at work), this is really just two dudes in Thailand sitting in a park and recording an album, which is fucking awesome. So we've got an acoustic guitar, an xylophone, and I'm pretty sure also a toy piano thrown into the mix (mostly the guitar/xylophone combo though), and it really is just some astounding, pretty (yea I said it, pretty pretty pretty pretty) music. And that's really all there is to it. I'm going to continue throwing this on not only whenever I'm feeling a little down (this music is pretty uplifting), but just shit, whenever I want to relax. There really isn't much to say about this, because I'm not going to over-fucking-analyze two dudes sitting in park playing their instruments, but it definitely is recommended if you're just looking for, I guess, softer music to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment