Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cigaretteman


For those who don't like to read: Cigaretteman is really fucking good pop-punk from Japan, really fucking good. Split female/male vocals, the whole nine yards (minus Bruce Willis). Get at it.

First off, before anything is mentioned, I would like to thank Servo from the Internet for uploading this for me.

I learned about Cigaretteman about a week ago looking for more Japanese pop-punk (which there will be a part 2 post as well). I fell in love with them immediately, because not only are they really fucking good, just look at that god damn picture up top. LOOK AT IT. I really love it for some reason, I have no clue why, it just rules. So after already building up a love for a band I never heard of, I found some stuff on youtube, and it turns out, they're actually really fucking good. Not just the picture, but man, what a fucking band.

Cigaretteman- "Stay"

From what I can find online about them, they had 4 members:

  • Chikako - Vocals / Guitar
  • Hiroaki Uozumi - Vocals / Guitar
  • Seiji - Bass
  • Hiroyuki - Drums

After that, not a fucking thing to be found. Well, there is a fucking fan site set up, but it's all in Japanese and google translator blows ass, so the mystery will forever remain. Speaking of the band, it's really great 90s pop-punk, basically yet again proving that I was born a decade too late. So that pretty much means you've got a the "Jawbreaker-y" riffs and music to go along to, with some awesome male/female vocals to accompany you. Pretty much the perfect music (to me anyway) for any moods; feeling happy? You fucking know I'm gonna jam to some Cigaretteman. Feeling sad? You fucking know I'm gonna cheer myself up to some Cigaretteman. Weather outside is looking shitty because Mother Nature is a total bitch? I'll tell Mother Nature to go fuck herself by blasting some Cigaretteman. It's summer and I've got my windows down and I'm totally blaring down 95 at unsafe speeds? You guessed right that I'll be fucking blasting Cigaretteman while driving like I'm from New Jersey (and I totally am so this works).

I'm not going to prolong this post by dragging on about how great it is. You probably like 90s pop-punk because you have to have something seriously wrong with you to not enjoy it. Cigaretteman embodies everything I'm looking for a lot of days, great music to bob my head along to while I have no fucking idea what they're saying.



1 comment:

  1. They have a recently created FB page - not sure if the band is behind it, but someone has some old fliers to upload: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cigaretteman/195955347147342

    ReplyDelete