Wednesday, August 1, 2012

alt of the society





For those who don't like to read: Emo/Hardcore band from Tokyo. They rip shit pretty hard.

alt of the society is:
■guitar AKIRA
■vo/bass toshiki
■drums kouta


You know that feeling that you'll be ultra productive in something, but instead of getting shit done you just constantly think about doing it and how good it'll make you feel? Yea, that's how I've been here, I think that's called procrastination (with a side of the feel goods), but it's nothing out of the norm for me, as The Summer in Which I Hoped I Would Be Doing Stuff But Instead Have Sat on My Ass More Than Ever 2k12 rolls on. Guess that makes me one lazy motherfucker (I'm not denying it).

 I first heard alt of the society when Ryan at The Absent Trail blog sent me these files as "something I had to listen to." These songs are in fact, something you have to listen to. alt of the society's sound is pretty hard for me to pin down, they do the whole emo/hardcore thing (I feel like with a touch of Sora's focus on melodies in the softer parts). Trying to accurately describe this band is sort of making my head hurt a lot; they're different and they're good at playing different, ok?

Either way, I highly recommend that you download this and listen to it, it is one of the better demo/ep's that I've heard in the last while.

Here are some live videos to satiate your stupid thirst.

2 comments: