Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ぐしゃ人間 (Gusya Ningen)


For those who don't like to read: Psychadelic/Post-Punk/Noisy shit from Tokyo. This band is weird man.

Same shit, different day. I need to find a job so I can do stuff with my life, or will that take up my time? I have not a fucking clue. Not having money sucks though.

I really don't get why I listen to this band as much as I do. I mean, just listening to it feels like it's something I could never really be into, but deep down in my bones, I'm super fucking into this band. Maybe because it's basically an all girl band (they usually just have a dude drum for them for shows and shit), or maybe it's because they seem to epitomize all of the weirdness I love about Japan. Gusya Ningen definitely have a weird definitive sound to them though, and I'm not just talking about their cover art (but whoever does do it gets a special mention, it's awesome).

ぐしゃ人間 - "FFV" PV
Maybe you'll find the nose picking sexy? You sick fuck.

There is a couple things I'm able to say about their sound though. I really like the girls voice, no matter what crazy shit she does to it. Also, the guitar player can write some balls-heavy riffs. The cool thing about Gusya is that they're able to write these balls-heavy riffs into song structures that just make no sense at all (basically where the noisy tag goes in, although they seem to have amped up the noisy stuff in their latest album, ババアの祈り) while still keeping an enjoyable song altogether. They also do the psychedelic stuff pretty well, it doesn't sound like some shitty 70's psychedelic prog bullshit, but instead sounds like they crafted their own awesome sound.

ぐしゃ人間 - "ゲシュタルト崩壊"

There is a definite shift in sound though between their two full lengths. It's hard to put into words (as is with music that is basically out there like this), but the second full length is much more cohesive. The band may have found solid ground for their sound with their first album, but they went ahead and put it all together with their second album, making a much better, solid piece of music.

RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS
RIFFS

As usually happens whenever I try and describe music, I'm gonna have to stop myself before I get too far ahead (The looming fuck head of a thunderstorm might also have something to do with me stopping early as well, though). Gusya Ningen is defintely a fuck-incredible band though. You should check them out and enjoy the post-punk-y/psychedelic-y wave of noisy shit. That makes sense, right? No? Well burn in hell then. Enjoy this picture of Gusya Ningen live.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is wild. Thanks for sharing, man! Shintaro Kago does the covers. His comics are pretty wild, so you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The links are broken ;-;

    ReplyDelete